Is defining get/set methods for every field overkill?

Sun Nov 20 23:12:56 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 20 November 2022 at 23:04:18 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:

> ..
> BTW, many software developers and also wikipedia actually agree
> with [] () {} ():
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encapsulation_(computer_programming)

and.. Autostar C++, Misra C++, Cert C++ ... I could go on and on.

but as you rightly point out, the proof is in the pudding.

some of us actually enjoy going to work each day and creating
great software for our customers...and having to type a
getter/setter doesn't bother us one little bit ;-)

the alternative is just make everything public, and watch our
customer systems fail terribly, with all kinds of awful
consequences...

.. not to mention, I'd be out of job if I stopped writing
getters/setters ;-)