pragma(linkerDirective,_) removes double quotes, dmd ignores LIB

NonNull non-null at use.startmail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:26:37 UTC 2022

Hello, using dmd 2.100.2 and ldc2 1.30.0, compiling to 64-bits,
Windows 10.

pragma(linkerDirective,_) strips double quotation marks,

so how can a linker command line like

/LIBPATH:"Path/containing spaces/to/needed/libs"

be passed on to the linker via this pragma? Is this a bug?

Note: the libs in question are installed in locations not
determined by me.

I worked around this by setting a LIB environment variable
containing the extra path I needed, so I didn't need the pragma.
But this only worked for ldc2; dmd still complained it cannot
find the necessary, ignoring the LIB environment variable. Is
this a bug?