Setting import paths - project (dub) and also rdmd or dmd

David dave at restall.net
Sat Oct 1 20:20:40 UTC 2022

Thank you Steven and Christian.

I had a look at both those methods, creating a local dmd.conf
file almost worked but it wasn't a simple modification, I was
hoping it would be as simple as just adding the extra path but it
seems that I needed to add the whole path from the existing
dmd.conf otherwise the build broke due to not being able to find
stuff, I added extra stuff but it was a clumsy solution...

Local dub packages I'm not not quite ready to do properly on this
part of the learning curve and it is something I looked at and I
think that I may end up using this.

In the end I cheated.  I simply added symlinks in my source
directory to the *.d files I wanted to import and that solved the
problem.

It's probably(certainly ?)  not the best way to do it but it
works and as I become better with D I'm pretty sure I'll change
it to something more sensible.

Regards,