bigint and pow

rassoc rassoc at posteo.de
Sun Oct 2 09:22:54 UTC 2022

On 10/2/22 09:24, Fausto via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Thanks a lot. I am to used to C and, more important, I didn't think to look for also another operator for the power function :)

D does have pow and many other useful math functions [1], it's just not defined for BitInts. Oh, and speaking of C, you also have access to all the usual C math [1] functions with just an import:

```d
import std.stdio : writeln;
void main()
{
     import std.math : pow;
     writeln(pow(10, 3)); // pow from D

     import core.stdc.math : pow;
     writeln(pow(10, 3)); // pow from C

     // can also make it more explicit to show where it is coming from:
     import cmath = core.stdc.math;
     writeln(cmath.pow(10, 3));
}
```