Visual D doesn't work, now Visual Studio Code / D doesn't work!!!! ....

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 11:13:10 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 2 October 2022 at 11:00:06 UTC, Daniel Donnell, Jr
wrote:
> I thought I set everything up correctly, and now:
>
> ```
> Exception thrown at 0x00007FF7D6E2E230 in metamath-d.exe:
> 0xC0000096: Privileged instruction.
> Unable to open natvis file
> 'c:\Users\fruit\.vscode\extensions\webfreak.code-d-0.23.2\dlang-debug\dlang_cpp.natvis'.
> ```
>
> So what the hell do you D developers use to code with if A)
> Visual D doesn't work - it just ate my app.obj file and can't
> find it anymore no matter if I clean or re-order the executable
> paths in settings.
>
> B) VS Code doesn't work out-of-the-box.
>
> Every. Single. Time I get around to using D, there's always
> something that pops up and doesn't work right.  And it never
> gets fixed.   How the heck do you expect me to debug without a
> proper debugging IDE :|

This is partly valid criticism. Many other languages have a
better oob-experience.

But, D is underpowered.

Coming from C# to D was a rather painful experience. D is a great
language for a lot of stuff, but when it comes to IDE and
debugging, you can't expect the same "just works" experience as
with C# for example.

That's just the way it is unfortunately.

Are you running as administrator or not btw?