Stop writeln from calling object destructor

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:19:55 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 2 October 2022 at 16:44:25 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> It's because `writeln` is copying the object, and each of the
> copies is being destroyed. If you add a copy constructor to
> your example, you can see it happening:

I thought something like this could be happening in my original
implementation and tried implementing a copy constructor using
this reference
https://dlang.org/spec/struct.html#struct-copy-constructor but it
did not work. Both your's and the manual's suggestion works for
my baby example but not for my actual code.

Any reason why this could be?