Stop writeln from calling object destructor

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 18:15:55 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 2 October 2022 at 17:51:59 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> What I noticed first in your original code was that it would be
> considered buggy because it was not considering copying. Every
> struct that does something in its destructor should either have
> post-blit (or copy constructor) defined or simpler, disallow
> copying altogether.

Thanks for the advice, for a while now I didn't know what was
creating the issue.

The code I'm running is my D connector to the R API and for ages
I didn't know where the multiple destructor calls to allow an
object to be garbage collected by the R API was coming from, and
it was breaking the whole thing.

I think I'll have to play it by ear whether to disable the copy
constructor altogether or to use it now it is working.

Thanks both of you.