Visual D doesn't work, now Visual Studio Code / D doesn't work!!!! ....

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Oct 3 08:08:05 UTC 2022

On 02/10/2022 13:00, Daniel Donnell wrote:
> Visual D doesn't work - it just ate my app.obj file and can't find it
> anymore no matter if I clean or re-order the executable paths in
> settings.

Can you be more specific what you are doing and what is going wrong?

On 02/10/2022 23:28, rikki cattermole wrote:
 > Visual Studio with its c++ components can debug D code, it should not
 > require Visual D to do so.
 >
 > Open executable as project.

Or start "devenv program.exe" from the command line.

Indeed, you don't have to build with Visual D to use the debugger. The
C++-only native debugger works, but having Visual D installed also comes
with a debugger extension that makes debugging smoother, e.g. you don't
have to know the respective C++ syntax for watch expressions.

BTW: Using compiler options -gf instead of -g will add more debug info
and can improve the debug experience.