Replacing tango.text.Ascii.isearch

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 07:16:19 UTC 2022

On Friday, 7 October 2022 at 06:34:50 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:
> Also are we allowed to artificially construct needle and
> haystack to blow up this test rather than only benchmarking it
> on typical real data?

Such as generating the input data via running:

     python -c "print(('a' * 49 + 'b') * 20000)" > test.lst

And then using
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" (the
character 'a' replicated 50 times) as the needle to search for.
Much longer needles work even better. In Linux the command line
size is limited by 128K, so there's a huge room for improvement.