Float rounding (in JSON)

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Fri Oct 14 09:00:11 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 13 October 2022 at 19:27:22 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 10/13/22 3:00 PM, Sergey wrote:
>> [...]
>
> It doesn't look really that far off. You can't expect floating
> point parsing to be exact, as floating point does not perfectly
> represent decimal numbers, especially when you get down to the
> least significant bits.
>
> [...]
To me it looks like there is a conversion to `real` (80 bit
floats) somewhere in the D code and that the other languages stay
in `double` mode everywhere. Maybe forcing `double` by disabling
x87 on the D side would yield the same results as the other
languages?