Reading and wiping notes also adding more notes

Joel joelcnz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 05:40:03 UTC 2022

I'm trying to add a feature to my text modifying program. I take
a lot of notes but I want to be able to both wipe what I've read
while still adding more notes as I go.

I have two text fields. The one on the left has the whole text,
new stuff being added to the bottom. The one on the right has
text I've been wiping as I'm reading. I want to be able to add
from the whole text just the new stuff at the bottom to the right
text at the bottom. - I hope I'm making sense (good exercise,
trying to explain it helps me work it out by itself).

Example
Whole text: [I went for a walk and fell down a hole. There was a
D guy on the roof. That was a tricky problem!]

Read and wipe text: [There was a d guy on the roof.]

Now I want to add "That was a tricky problem!" to the wipe text
to get: [There was a D guy on the roof. That was a tricky
problem!]