Catching C errors

data pulverizer data.pulverizer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:59:45 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 20 October 2022 at 10:13:41 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 October 2022 at 09:52:05 UTC, data pulverizer
> wrote:
>> I'm currently writing a D interop with R, the dynamic
>> statistical programming language. There's a function called
>
> How is your project related to EmbedR?
>
> The description of the project could be found here:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2020/01/27/d-for-data-science-calling-r-from-d/
>
> AFAIK Lance wants to re-write it to the second version with
> some improvements in the code.

I know about the EmbedR project.

I'm doing a "full-throated" R<->D API aiming to be on the scale
of Rcpp (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcpp/index.html)
all built with native D code, which is more full-featured than
EmbedR - which ships with a DLL that some end users will probably
not accept and does not have the full capability and convenience
of something like Rcpp.

The architecture of my library and my approach is also quite
different to EmbedR. I also have structures like

`alias NumericVector = RVector!(SEXPTYPE);`

and so on, which builds in all the D-lang ops, and so on to allow
a full interop with the R API. Mine is also private for now till
it reaches an acceptable state when I'll think about whether it
should be publicly released or jealously guarded. It's a project
I'm building for my own use really.