Catching C errors

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Oct 20 13:02:52 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 20 October 2022 at 10:13:41 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 October 2022 at 09:52:05 UTC, data pulverizer
> wrote:
>> I'm currently writing a D interop with R, the dynamic
>> statistical programming language. There's a function called
>
> How is your project related to EmbedR?
>
> The description of the project could be found here:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2020/01/27/d-for-data-science-calling-r-from-d/
>
> AFAIK Lance wants to re-write it to the second version with
> some improvements in the code.

I've done an initial release of the second version:

https://github.com/bachmeil/embedrv2

The two biggest changes are

- Moving to Dub as the default for compilation, which allows the
use of any other Dub libraries
- It writes the wrappers for you. You write a D function and it
converts it to R.

The part I haven't finished is in the other direction. For
instance, suppose you have a D function that sends data to R many
times. If you don't release the memory on the R side, your
program's going to crash quickly. I haven't worked on this
recently because I've mostly been calling D functions from R.