Design question regarding saving changes in the original array and/or returning a new set

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Sun Oct 23 16:16:55 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 23 October 2022 at 15:47:27 UTC, matheus wrote:
> Hi H. S. Teoh,
>
> I think you misunderstood my question, since English is not my
> first language maybe this was a problem from my part, but
> anyway, I'm not talking about "sort" from main library.
>
> This example was if I had designed my "own version".
>
> Matheus.

Hi, Matheus. I'm not an expert in programming :)
But I believe it should be up to you. How you make your function.
If you will use "ref" in the parameter - you could operates
exactly the same memory which will received in the parameter;
Also there are 'in','out', 'inout' parameters that could help
with management on that question.