Replacing tango.text.Ascii.isearch

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 05:49:48 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 at 05:17:06 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> if you are able to ignore that Unicode is a thing, I'd
> recommend it. It is complicated, as we humans are very
> complicated ;)

I can't ignore Unicode, because I frequently have to deal with
Cyrillic alphabet ;) Also Unicode is significantly simpler than a
set of various incompatible 8-bit encodings (such as
[CP1251](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1251) vs. variants
of [KOI-8](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOI-8) vs. [ISO/IEC
8859-5](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-5)) that were
simultaneously in use earlier and caused a lot of pain. But I'm
surely able to ignore the peculiarities of modern Turkish Unicode
and wait for the other people to come up with a solution for D
language if they really care.