Importing modules under DUB on Windows

DLearner bmqazwsx123 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 23:39:39 UTC 2022

On Friday, 28 October 2022 at 21:32:46 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 29/10/2022 4:15 AM, DLearner wrote:
>> However, going forward, I don't want copies of OM anywhere
>> other than UD.
>
> If you want your own private library on your system (that will
> get used a lot), you can create a package and use ``$ dub
> add-local .`` to add it to the available packages for lookup,
> without needing a version control system.
>
> Then you just add it as a dependency on an as needed basis (use
> ``*`` for version should work fine).

In the end, downloaded terminal.d from GitHub, stored in
directory UD.
Then within 'source' directory, following Adam D Ruppe above,
`dmd -i -IC:\...\UD\ -run app`

And it just worked.

No calculating relative paths, no remembering to double `\`.

I think DUB is a little too sophisticated for my needs.