Applied fix to Dub (Was: ImportC in a Dub project )

Carsten Schlote carsten.schlote at gmx.net
Sun Oct 30 14:42:55 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 13:38:23 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 12:46:10 UTC, Carsten Schlote
> wrote:
>> It turned out, that the required changes to add support for C
>> files in Dub are really small. So I added a PR
>> (https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/2521). There is also some
>> other PR (https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/2270) releated to
>> C file support in Dub.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Agreed, but don't forget about the .i extension.

I will merge the two PRs into a new patchset, and also add
appropriate code
to search für {c|i|h} files at the right places. The patchset
should be as minimal as possible, so that the planned better
solution is not blocked/messed up.

> Imo we could add a switch which enables something like your PR
> (include .c and .i) until we know what the default should be.

Maybe a switch/flag should be added to the dub.json/sdl files to
turn on the new behaviour? This allows to enable the new search
logic for C files without breaking something old. It would make
it more clear, that also a new 2.101+ D compiler is needed.