dmd for Haiku OS

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 31 17:31:58 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 13:17:44 UTC, MGW wrote:

Sorry for Zombie-thread. Just saw the news that wayland was
ported to Haiku and was curious if somebody using D in it
(https://discuss.haiku-os.org/t/my-progress-in-wayland-compatibility-layer/12373).

> I have recently looked through Haiku OS and got surprised to
> find there dmd 2.072.
> There was only running file but Phobos and DrinTime were
> missing.
>
> Are there any plans to port dmd to Haiku OS nowadays?
> Is there a manual (example) on dmd porting on Haiku OS?

I'm not sure, because there are many more important and more
valuable things to do for main core developers. Haiku has very
low market share and users.
But AFAIK Haiku is using GCC and has C++. So maybe (actually I
don't know) it is possible to bootstrap GDC from some older
versions.

Also some related links below, which could be helpful, just in
case someone will find this thread and decided to try.
Haiku and DMD related links:
https://github.com/scythx/dlang-dmd-haiku
https://forum.dlang.org/post/bmflikxzfdvlbazfwuws@forum.dlang.org
https://depot.haiku-os.org/#!/?bcguid=bc1-KHWR&repos=besly,fatelk,haikuports&arch=x86_64&viewcrttyp=FEATURED&srchexpr=dmd