Tracing out error that causes compiler crash

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Sat Sep 3 21:20:01 UTC 2022

During unittest in my own fork of std.experimental.xml (link:
https://github.com/ZILtoid1991/experimental.xml ), potentially an
error so severe is present, that it causes to crash the compiler
(both DMD and LDC2, on Windows). I was able to separate the issue
by commenting out all unittests, then re-enabling them one-by-one
seeing when it crashes the compiler, but wasn't able to track
down the issues. However, `domimpl.d` is a 2000+ line monster,
with a huge templated class that nests multiple other classes. I
suspect that there's some leftover from the stripped configurable
allocator and/or error handler, that causes the issue.

At worst-case scenario, I can just manually rewrite the whole
part (I already planned to write a more linear cursor for speed
reasons), but that will consume a lot of my time. A lot of part
of the code is already undocumented (especially anything
non-public), so it's a question whether reimplementing stuff from
almost zero, or trying to decipher a legacy code is the easier
stuff.