Error "Unexpected '\n' when converting from type LockingTextReader to type int"

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 02:37:24 UTC 2022

On 9/7/22 16:24, Synopsis wrote:

 > a- What is the difference with this syntax with the exclamation mark?
 > ```readf!"%s\n"(f1.num);```

That's the templated version, which is safer because it checks at
compile time (important distinction) that the arguments and the format
specifiers do match.

 > b- Do I need to put ```/n``` in every readf statement?

Another option is to use a space character, which reads and skips any
number of any whitespace character. I have written something about that
here:

   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/input.html

And this one talks about readln, which may be more suitable in some cases:

   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/strings.html

And there is formattedRead:

   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/strings.html#ix_strings.formattedRead

 > Forgive me if I'm asking silly questions.

There is never a silly question. If a question came up, it is as
legitimate as it gets.

And welcome to programming! :)

Ali