Validate static asserts

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 15:12:08 UTC 2022

On Friday, 9 September 2022 at 14:35:33 UTC, Andrey Zherikov
wrote:
> I have bunch of `static assert(<condition>, <message>)` in my
> code and would like to validate that specific code triggers
> specific assert by checking what `<message>` is thrown.

It sounds like maybe your goal here is to test that attempting to
compile a specific piece of code will result in a specific error
message being *shown to the user*.

Unfortunately, the D compiler does not allow you to introspect on
error messages, so it is impossible to write a `unittest` that
covers this requirement. Instead, you will have to write an
external script or program that attempts to compile a test
program and checks the output for the expected error message.