Dictionary of Templated Functions

jwatson-CO-edu real.name at colorado.edu
Sat Sep 10 00:24:11 UTC 2022

Hello,
I'm trying to create a dictionary of templated function pointers.
  The functions should return `bool` and take a differently-typed
dynamics arrays `T[]` as an argument.  Based on my understanding
of the docs, I've made two failed attempts:

**Attempt 1**:
https://github.com/PhilippeSigaud/D-templates-tutorial/blob/master/D-templates-tutorial.md
```
template ArrArgs(T){
     alias bool function(T[])[string] FuncDict; // compiles
     FuncDict lookup; // This compiles but name `lookup` is not
understood
}

// Compiler does not allow me to declare `FuncDict lookup;` here

void main(){
     lookup["foo"] = function bool( string[] args ){ return true;
}; // undefined identifier `lookup`
}
```

**Attempt 2**:
https://dlang.org/library/std/meta/alias.html
```
alias FuncDict = bool function(T[])[string]; // undefined
identifier `T`

FuncDict lookup;

void main(){
     lookup["foo"] = function bool( string[] args ){ return true;
};
}
```

I'm unsure of what feature or structure of D will accomplish this.
An example or a link to an example of associated arrays of
templated function pointers would help me a great deal.