foreach (i; taskPool.parallel(0..2_000_000)

Paul phshaffer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 01:20:28 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 5 April 2023 at 23:06:54 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> So your data structures and algorithms should be designed in a
> way that takes advantage of linear access where possible.

Yes I understand, basically, what's going on in hardware.  I just
wasn't sure if the access type was linked to the container type.
It seems obvious now, since you've both made it clear, that it
also depends on how I'm accessing my container.

Having said all of this, isn't a D 'range' fundamentally a
sequential access container (i.e popFront) ?