openssl 1.1 vs. 3.0 for vibe.d:tls on Ubuntu 22.04

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 06:23:15 UTC 2023

On Friday, 28 July 2023 at 08:56:17 UTC, Guillaume Lathoud wrote:
> Hello, some context first:
>
> I recently updated a server to Ubuntu 22.04 which appears to
> have only openssl 3.0.2 installed. Dub could compile my
> project, but could not link it anymore, as the D code seemed to
> be expecting openssl 1.1 whereas only 3.0.2 was installed.

Do you compile directly on the server ? Or on an Ubuntu 22.04
host?
The autodetection code happens by calling a D script:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/openssl/blob/master/scripts/generate_version.d
Make sure you have `pkg-config` installed as that's what is used
for autodetection, as well as the development libraries (the
`-dev` package).

I've been using openssl 3 on Ubuntu 22.04 since it came out, so
it should just work.