How to create an .exe without execute the terminal in Windows?

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 23:30:34 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 12 August 2023 at 23:22:20 UTC, thePengüin wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 August 2023 at 23:18:16 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
>> On Saturday, 12 August 2023 at 23:13:39 UTC, thePengüin wrote:
>>>     I would know how to make some this but in Dlang:
>>
>> best way is to use the linker switch.
>>
>> On Win32, you can pass -L/subsystem:windows if you don't want
>> a console to be automatically allocated.
>>
>> Please note when compiling on Win64, you need to explicitly
>> list -Lgdi32.lib -Luser32.lib on the build command. If you
>> want the Windows subsystem too, use -L/subsystem:windows
>> -L/entry:mainCRTStartup.
>>
>> If using ldc instead of dmd, use -L/entry:wmainCRTStartup
>> instead of mainCRTStartup; note the "w".
>>
>> ````
>> import core.sys.windows.windows;
>>      void hideConsoleWindow() {
>>      	ShowWindow(GetConsoleWindow(),SW_HIDE);
>>
>>      }
>> ```
>>
>> woudl also work.
>
> Where could I get more information? I can't find this link
> "import core.sys.windows.windows"

It's part of druntime, it comes with every installation of the
compiler

On windows it usually is:

``C:\D\dmd2\src\druntime\src\core\sys\windows``

One question to D maintainers:

Why is ``core.sys`` modules not displayed on the online
documentation? this seems to be a bug somewhere?

https://dlang.org/phobos/index.html

There is ``core`` for everything else, but not for ``core.sys``