stb library and importC

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Sun Aug 13 15:39:19 UTC 2023

On 14/08/2023 3:23 AM, ryuukk_ wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 August 2023 at 06:43:10 UTC, Richard (Rikki) Andrew
> Cattermole wrote:
>> I would argue that this should be done by dmd as it knows where the VS
>> installation is and it'll catch people out who aren't using dub.
>
> Oh better, let's try to send a PR to dmd then for today, it shouldn't be
> hard if you say it already know where VS is

Knowing where VS is, is the easy part (although it is logic that has
been fine tuned over a 10 year period, so not something you'd want to
duplicate).

Getting the environment variables that are set up by a cobweb of batch
scripts is the hard part.

We are not the first to need to do this either!
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21222223/get-environment-variables-of-child-process-in-vc