parallel threads stalls until all thread batches are finished.

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 21:43:26 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 23 August 2023 at 13:03:36 UTC, Joe wrote:
> to download files from the internet.

Are they particularly big files? You might consider using one of
the other libs that does it all in one thread. (i ask about size
cuz mine ive never tested doing big files at once, i usually use
it for smaller things, but i think it can do it)

> The reason why this causes me problems is that the downloaded
> files, which are cashed to a temporary file, stick around and
> do not free up space(think of it just as using memory) and this
> can cause some problems some of the time.

this is why im a lil worried about my thing, like do they have to
be temporary files or can it be memory that is recycled?