Visual Studio 2022 no longer debugs D program, need an alternative debugger for Windows

evilrat666 evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 12:48:06 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 26 August 2023 at 18:47:44 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 August 2023 at 17:57:22 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>> You should report this to bugzilla.
>
> I'm using it in an unusual way. Since VisualD does not support
> dub, I have to rely on VSCode as my main editor, then load the
> executable in an empty C++ project in VS. This worked so far.
>
> On the other hand, I'm having some good results with x64dbg,
> except I don't know how can I get locals to be displayed (which
> is the x64dbg is capable of, except all tutorials for it is
> about reverse engineering).

IIRC you can just drop(or open) the exe file directly on top of
empty visual studio window and it is ready to debug.

Also VisualD with a dub project is not a problem, dub can
generate VisualD project for you - "dub generate visuald"
("dub generate <:somesubpackage> visuald <other dub build options
such as -ax64>")