D is a great language, but I've had a bad experience getting started

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Thu Dec 14 13:35:14 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 13:27:29 UTC, Renato wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 13:12:06 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
>
> My build options are currently:
>
> ```
>     "dflags-dmd": [ "-v"],
>     "lflags": ["-ld_classic"]
> ```
>
> I tried some variations but nothing worked.

Previously for macOS it was required to write “export
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=11”

Also remove dmd/dub first. Then try to use LDC from official
GitHub Release. And update the PATH variable. Maybe script from
the official download page is doing the same - idk.

At least this is what I’m using on macOS (but M1). DMD just
doesn’t exist for me anymore)