D is nice whats really wrong with gc??

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Mon Dec 18 17:22:22 UTC 2023

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 04:44:11PM +0000, Bkoie via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> but what is with these ppl and the gc?
[...]

It's called GC phobia, a knee-jerk reaction malady common among C/C++
programmers (I'm one of them, though I got cured of GC phobia thanks to
D :-P).  95% of the time the GC helps far more than it hurts.  And the
5% of the time when it hurts, there are plenty of options for avoiding
it in D.  It's not shoved down your throat like in Java, there's no need
to get all worked up about it.

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation: I have preferences.  You have biases.  He/She has prejudices. -- Gene Wirchenko