SIGSEGV (Segmentation Fault) upon setting character in char array (object member var)

John Kiro johnkirollos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 14:01:31 UTC 2023

Thanks Adam. I agree, the behavior associated with the
initialization here is confusing (compared for example to a
similarly-looking code in Java). Also I don't get why an array of
characters would be considered as an immutable array of
characters (that is a **string**). I agree this could be a
compiler bug, specially that it's not caught by the compiler.