std.int128 not working with -betterC enabled

Renato renato at athaydes.com
Wed Dec 20 18:46:41 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 20 December 2023 at 18:16:00 UTC, Renato wrote:

> But with -betterC:
>
> ```
> dmd -L-ld_classic -betterC -run dasc.d
>   "__D3std6int1286Int1286__ctorMFNaNbNcNiNfllZSQBpQBoQBk",
> referenced from:
>       _main in dasc.o
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to
> see invocation)
> Error: linker exited with status 1
>
> Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Wed Dec 20 19:11:56
> ```
>
> I don't see anywhere whether int128 is supposed to work on
> -betterC. Is it not supported?

This problem does not seem to be specific to int128 or even to
-betterC.

Just now, in another thread someone told me about the
`-checkaction=context` compiler option... and when I use that, I
get the same kind of error:

```
dmd -L-ld_classic -unittest -checkaction=context -run main.d
   "_main", referenced from:
      implicit entry/start for main executable
      (maybe you meant:
__D4core6thread10threadbase10ThreadBase7sm_mainCQBtQBrQBnQBe,
__D4core6thread8osthread16_mainThreadStoreG312v )
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to
see invocation)
Error: linker exited with status 1
```

I am looking forward for the new DMD compiler version to be
released which fixes the MacOS linker issues!