D is nice whats really wrong with gc??

Dmitry Ponyatov dponyatov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 19:22:15 UTC 2023

> It's called GC phobia, a knee-jerk reaction malady common among
> C/C++ programmers

I'd like to use D in hard realtime apps (gaming can be thought as
one of them, but I mostly mean realtime dynamic multimedia and
digital signal processing).

So, GC in such applications commonly supposed unacceptable. In
contrast, I can find some PhD theses speaking about realtime GC,
prioritized message passing and maybe RDMA-based clustering.

Unfortunately, I have no hope that D lang is popular enough that
somebody in the topic can rewrite its runtime and gc to be usable
in more or less hard RT apps.