Less verbose or at least "higher level" 2D game engines for Dlang.

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 06:43:20 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 30 December 2023 at 00:47:04 UTC, Agent P. wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm looking for a 2D game engine for Dlang that offers
> flexibility but has a high-level interface, preferably less
> verbose. Although I've explored options on GitHub and in
> general, I haven't found something that exactly fits what I
> need.
>
> Often the recommendations mention SFML, SDL or OpenGL (obvious
> links), but I would like to consider those options only after
> exploring engines with less verbose APIs.
>
> I don't need much, I'm just looking for suggestions for engines
> that meet these criteria. Does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thank you for your time.

There is godot-dlang, while it is not a D engine but just
bindings, the Godot itself is a full featured engine including
both 2D and 3D, it has UI framework and editor too.

I haven't even heard of any other D engines with editor btw, but
unless you are need something minimal to make a basic one screen
game with minimal build size it is a nice feature to have.