sokol-d: Static Struct

Matheus Catarino matheus-catarino at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 30 22:47:10 UTC 2023

> Use https://renderdoc.org/ and check and compare frames for
> both your working and non-working example

Nice!! I'll try.

> That'll give you an idea at what could be wrong
>
> I suspect you have a typo in one of your definition

I don't doubt it. I'm experiencing D in just a week. (Newbie)😅

On Saturday, 30 December 2023 at 20:56:39 UTC, Renato wrote:
> Sorry if I sidetrack the discussion, but I was amazed by the
> Zig build file in that project:
> https://github.com/kassane/sokol-d/blob/main/build.zig
>
> Do you have more information about how to integrate C and D
> using Zig as the build tool?? That sounds very interesting.

Hi Renato,

I'm glad you liked it. This is an experiment, as I haven't
adapted to the dub yet.

Zig's goal at this point is to share `libsokol` configurations
and replicate in the D compiler (currently, ldc2 only). If you
want to see the result, just run `zig build clear --verbose`.

```
<Zig build> -> build(exe) -> build libsokol -> (optional)
zigcc-wrapper -> build D example (using libsokol config) ->
switch (cc/linker system or zigcc) -> binary (exe/lib)
```

I added some comments to `build.zig` explaining each point. If
you have any questions, you can ask in the repo.
I saw that you are a MacOS user, I suggest you see issue/1
[closed] focused on zigcc wrapper.

**TODO:** It is intended to add dub support and will continue
with Zig build-system support, including zig-pkg(v0.12.0/master -
git url) for downloading and integrating C and D packages.