betterC DLL in Windows

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sat Feb 4 19:44:15 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 4 February 2023 at 18:29:41 UTC, Tamas wrote:

> What's the reason to prefer LDC over DMD?

Anyone that cares about performance will use LDC rather than DMD.
It's hard to imagine a case where someone would want betterC to
avoid the GC, but they wouldn't want to use LDC. When I started
using D many years ago, LDC was behind DMD, so you needed to use
DMD to have a current compiler. That's no longer true. The only
reason I use DMD today is the faster compilation speed when I'm
doing a lot of write-compile-debug iterations.