A potential use-case for template mixins?

Matt webwraith at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 6 12:22:19 UTC 2023

I am (still) writing a 3D graphics engine, and was considering my
choices for a scene graph.

Originally, I was going to use classes derived from my base
SceneNode class for the nodes of the graph, but would this
instead be a better situation to use template mixins instead of
potentially having to include a lot of information in the base
class? Or should I go with the traditional "everything is derived
from the base class"?

I understand if this is light on details, I'll try and provide
more if necessary, but I'm really not far into the design beyond
this, and was wondering which would make for an easier path in
the future