betterC DLL in Windows

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Feb 6 15:54:40 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 5 February 2023 at 08:48:34 UTC, Tamas wrote:

> I appreciate all of this... however, as a newcomer, I wish the
> docs were simply more honest, instead of representing wishful
> thinking. I guess in any programming language, experience
> reveals things not present in the docs, but it seems to apply
> much more acutely here.

Technically, those pages are [the spec rather than
documentation](https://dlang.org/spec/spec.html).

> This is the specification for the D Programming Language.

I've been bitten by that a few times over the years, though to be
honest, I'm not sure of the relationship of the spec to
documentation. The Phobos documentation and compiler
documentation appear to be actual documentation, in the sense
that you can trust it to be accurate, and if not it's a bug.
Maybe someone that has been around from the earliest days
understands the goal of the spec.