Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

ProtectAndHide ProtectAndHide at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:45:01 UTC 2023

On Monday, 6 February 2023 at 21:02:13 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> On 07/02/2023 9:56 AM, ProtectAndHide wrote:
>> On Monday, 6 February 2023 at 08:26:45 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

>>> In contrast, D delivers some features in an unprincipled way
>>> and the programmers use combinations of those features the
>>> way the see fit.
>>
>> I agree, that D is unprincipled in many ways, and this is
>> perhaps the biggest surprise for new comers from other
>> 'principled' programming languages.
>>
>> But is that a design goal for D?
>
> Yes. Not all problems are best solved the same way as another.
>
> Use what is best for you & your problem domain, not what
> somebody is selling as the next big thing.

Well I don't agree that D should boast about things that's its
implemented in an unprincipled way. I find that a strange form of
marketing in todays world.

To the extent those unprincipled implementations allow you to do
things that you do actually want to do, then fine.. maybe. But an
unprincipled implementation of something that just allows you do
make mistakes, then it should be looked at further, so see if it
can be improved.