MongoDB and vibe troubles.

seany seany at uni-bonn.de
Thu Feb 9 22:16:16 UTC 2023

Please consider the code:

         mClient = connectMongoDB("127.0.0.1");
         auto db     = mClient.getDatabase("webAppMaster");
         writeln(db);
         auto users  = db["users"];
         writeln(users);

This follows this example:
https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d/blob/master/examples/mongodb/source/app.d

This results in :

         MongoDatabase("webAppMaster", "webAppMaster.$cmd",
vibe.db.mongo.client.MongoClient)

and in the Next line:

         MongoCollection(vibe.db.mongo.client.MongoClient,
MongoDatabase("webAppMaster", "webAppMaster.$cmd",
vibe.db.mongo.client.MongoClient), "users", "webAppMaster.users")

This makes me think that MongoDB driver has successfully found
the database and the collection. But now, this line is causing a
problem :

         auto result = users.findOne(["_id": userName, "password"
: passHash]);

The error is, seen on the web page i am trying to serve:

vibe.db.mongo.connection.MongoDriverException@/root/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.9.5/vibe-d/mongodb/vibe/db/mongo/cursor.d(304): Query failed. Does the database ex

and on the root console where vibe.d is running i have this :

         MongoDB reply was longer than expected, skipping the
rest: 223 vs. 36

The database and collection exists:

     > mongosh
     > use webAppMaster
     > db.webAppMaster.users.findOne({"_id": "testuser",
"password" : "1234"})

shows me what I want to see.

Where do I start debugging, please? Thank you