Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

thebluepandabear thereabluepandabear at protonmail.com
Thu Feb 9 23:47:48 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 19:17:15 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 February 2023 at 13:00:04 UTC, thebluepandabear
> wrote:
>> For my school I am commissioned to create many types of
>> software. I tried to have a look at some of the gui kits in D
>> but there was no tutorial for how to use them and they seemed
>> as if they are lacking features in comparison to Qt/JavaFX.
>
> So your objection is one of newbie documentation. That's fair.
> Qt I always thought had nice docs, they're hard to beat. I've
> been slowly adding more to my stuff but it is a slow process.
>
> idk about features though, you saying "seemed" means you
> probably don't even actually know what they have so that's not
> as actionable.

it's not anything personal, it's just that the current gui
libraries for D are only around 1/100th of the size of other ones
such as Qt/JavaFX, it's not really on the same wavelength, and
there's nothing wrong with that specifically, it's very difficult
to make an enterprise level gui library from scratch