Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

ProtectAndHide ProtectAndHide at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 00:59:12 UTC 2023

On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 23:19:31 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
>> I think the 'real' problem, is that some core D people just
>> refuse to allow D to provide such an option to the programmer.
>> For what reason, I cannot fathom, since Swift can do this just
>> fine. I think it's some kind of bias against a particular
>> style of programming that some don't want to see occuring when
>> people use the D programming lanuguage. i.e. It has nothing at
>> all to do with implementation, since it's already been
>> demonstrated that it can be implemented, very easily.
>>
>> Again, in this particular area, Swift is way ahead of D.
>
> Sorry, but I do not believe Swift is near to the level of what
> D is, it's a language that's tied - like jail - to Apple's
> ecosystem, and its only real use is for iOS apps. They're two
> completely different languages in general.

That's not entirely correct.

I don't use any Apple hardware products. Never have, and never
will.

I use Swift on Linux only.

There are of course some library features of Swift tied to Apple
products. But I have no need for those library features.

As a standalone language, Swift can (IMO) already out compete D.