ddbc with Vibe-d

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 15:24:14 UTC 2023

On 2/12/23 6:05 AM, Steve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying D for the first time and so far I'm really impressed with
> both D and vibe-d.
>
> My test project is an application server and I want to use SQLite3 as
> its database. I understand Vibe.d uses an async model under the hood and
> so my question is are Vibe-d and ddbc compatible?
>
> Thanks.

Any synchronous calls will just be synchronous. They aren't going to
participate in the async i/o that vibe uses.

In other words, when you block on a call to sqlite, it will block
everything else in your web server until that completes.

There are several projects that are built to work with vibe-d sockets.
mysql-native is one, and vibe-d-postgresql is another.

I don't know if there is an sqlite project that is vibe-specific. But
sqlite typically is using files anyway, or maybe even memory, so you
aren't waiting on network i/o.

-Steve