Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

ProtectAndHide ProtectAndHide at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 08:22:06 UTC 2023

On Monday, 13 February 2023 at 07:19:49 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 10 February 2023 at 21:52:02 UTC, ProtectAndHide
> wrote:
>> Well in Swift, there is no problem .. at all.
>>
>> Why is it a problem in D then? (and I mean technically).
>
> What about the increment operator `++` ?

Remember, that a one of the design goals of Swift was to NOT
continue the 'continuity with C'. This is a very, very, very
different goal to D.

Personally, I've never liked ++ and -- (and I have for many
years, wrote them out the way Swift now requires.).

So for me, Swift does exactly what I want here ;-)

Chris Lattner outlines the reasons for removing it in Swift 3.0
here:

https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/main/proposals/0004-remove-pre-post-inc-decrement.md