Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Feb 15 20:01:12 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 15 February 2023 at 19:44:50 UTC, ProtectAndHide
wrote:

> A user-defined type is a type that has a mechanism to keep it
> representation private.
>
> D does not support this. It only enables it.
>
> You (and others) may well argue that D should not enable this
> (directly), it should only support it (indirectly), and thus
> allow the language to force an important design decision onto
> programmers.
>
> As a programmer, I don't think that is acceptable.

The response was to your claim that "I think what you could say
is that D lacks _encapsulation_ which is also an OOP concept. So
D is partially OOP but not fully OOP due to there being no
encapsulation in the language."

Mike demonstrated clearly that your claim is false.