Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

ProtectAndHide ProtectAndHide at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 06:54:14 UTC 2023

On Friday, 17 February 2023 at 04:58:17 UTC, RTM wrote:
> Data hiding is overrated.
> Furthermore, OOP is overrated :-)
>
> https://betterprogramming.pub/object-oriented-programming-the-trillion-dollar-disaster-92a4b666c7c7

Submit a request to the C++ Committee to remove private from the
language.

Do the same for C#

Do the same for Swift

Do the same for Javasript...

Then watch how they all ridicule you for presenting such an
absurd proposal ;-)

Oddly enough, then you will know how I feel when I'm ridiculed
for advocating that D adds a private-like declaration for the
type - something all those languages have, and the majority of
the programmers in those languages would be using on a regular
basis.

As for OOP being overrated, I don't necessarily disagree ;-)

But OOP is a tool that works well, when that tool is the best
tool for the job.