Non-ugly ways to implement a 'static' class or namespace?

ProtectAndHide ProtectAndHide at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 00:21:42 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 18 February 2023 at 21:23:24 UTC, ProtectAndHide
wrote:

> The more I look at D, the more I like C++.

I should correct that.

The more I look at D, the more I like C++, C#, Java, Kotlin,
Swift, Javascript .. and the list goes on..

All D needed to provide, was a way to let the programmer declare
a private member inside a class. But that is too much for the
language to handle, and so objectionable to many D users, that it
will never happen. I have no problem with that, because, i really
do have many other options - as do all the C++, C#, Java, Kotlin,
Swift, Javascript .. and the list goes on..that you supposedly
want to attract to D (although, I suspect nobody actually wants
to attract them, since they'll expect to be able to declare a
private member within a class.

So.. good luck with the .. ummm.. D thing.