Dub is not finding the dynamic link library MSVCR120.dll...

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:04:25 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 19 February 2023 at 21:05:33 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:

> and is abending with an error saying exactly this.  How do I
> specify the path to this library?  Can I use one of the
> environment variables in sc.ini, one of the Windows env
> variables, or one of the dub options?
>
> Btw, I'm bypassing on purpose the official D installation.

Any error about a missing DLL is a run-time error that's
unrelated to dub or the compiler.

Normally, for end users, a missing MSVC runtime DLL means you
have to install the MSVC Redistributable package. This version of
the DLL you're missing is from MSVC 2013, so that's the version
of the package you'd need.

However, I wonder what's causing the problem in the first place.
Do you have Visual Studio installed, or are you using the
out-of-the-box libraries and linker that ship with DMD?