dub creates unrunnable binary in "build" dir

tastyminerals at gmail.com tastyminerals at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:55:10 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 12:28:35 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> On 24/02/2023 1:10 AM, tastyminerals at gmail.com wrote:
>> The symbol exists if I understood correctly.
>
> -imports shows you the imports of the binary, not the exports.
> So no it does not exist (probably came from libc).
>
> https://keith.github.io/xcode-man-pages/dyld_info.1.html
>
> My guess is something changed some place else. Such as XCode or
> tcl.

Yes, you're correct. I managed to resolve it.
So "_memcmp" was missing and it is part of the libc library. I
remember that MacPorts asked me to reclaim some space by removing
the deps of inactive ports. When agreed, it removed almost
complete port library including many libs used for compilation of
other ports. I managed to restore most of them but looks like
glibc2 was still missing. After installing it and libgcc with
deps, the project compiled without issues.