append - too many files

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Wed Jan 11 04:23:43 UTC 2023

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 02:15:13AM +0000, Joel via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I get this error after a while (seems append doesn't close the file
> each time):
> std.file.FileException at std/file.d(836): history.txt: Too many open files
>
> ```d
> auto jm_addToHistory(T...)(T args) {
> 	import std.conv : text;
> 	import std.file : append;
>
> 	auto txt = text(args);
> 	append("history.txt", txt);
>
> 	return txt;
> }
> ```

This is a bug, please file an issue in mantis.  Phobos functions should
not leak file descriptors.

"No, John.  I want formats that are actually useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that address all questions by piling on ridiculous internal links in forms which are hideously over-complex." -- Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev